Friday, January 25, 2013

Chandalier Love

                                                        Troy Lighting Sausalito Love





I have been admiring Troy Lighting Sausalito five light drum chandelier for quite some time now but not the price tag that comes with it.Isn't she a beaut??



 Well I was visiting Joss and Main, (here is the link to their site) http://www.jossandmain.com/invite/DzX  which is this wonderful flash sale site that has several sales everyday full of beautiful decor at a HUGE discount. I clicked on the lighting sale and I seen this...Its called Canarm Monica 3 light chandelier. It looks ALOT like the Sausalito chandelier, but the price was only $95.00!




 





It is very large in size too at 17.5" high and 20.5" wide. I hurried and put this baby in my cart and bought it.The only thing I wasn't fond of was the finish. It was an oil rubbed bronze and I wanted a silvery gold like the sausallito chandelier.


 So I went to my local craft store and picked some of this...


Rub and buff One in silver Leaf and one in Gold Leaf.The two of them cost me $6 bucks.



The chandelier came with clear plastic wrap around the shade so no worries about getting the rub and buff all over the shade so  this is easy peazy..( By the way if you want to do this to a fixture and you need to protect the shade just wrap your shade in plastic wrap ya know the kind you wrap food in works great.)
I got a plain ole paper plate and put a glob of silver and a glob of gold and dipped my finger into both  just started rubbing it on. It was super easy and took me about 1 hour from start to finish..and here is what it looks like after the rub and buff..pretty close to the Sausalito Chandelier with a much more affordable price tag!

Here is what it looked like after I used the rubb and buff:





 So Much Better I think, Hope You Enjoy Your Weekend!!( Sorry about the fuzzy pictures next I need to get me a new camera)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to Hear from you!! Your comments are greatly appreciated!