Wednesday, July 24, 2013

DIY GREEK KEY PILLOWS

As I said in my last post I have been busy with many projects one of which were my greek key pillows. :) I heart them! I found a really awesome tutorial HERE, this girl is soooo talented, she has the greatest tutorials. So, here is the breakdown of what I did.. and what you need:
  1. Fabric
  2. Sewing Machine
  3. Stitch Witchery
  4. Cotton Ribbon
  5. Scissors
  6. Iron
  7. Wet Wash Cloth
  8. Painters Tape
  9. Measuring Tape
I ordered some fabric in this gorgeous coral color from Here, scooted on over to Joannes with my coupon in hand (never go unless I am armed with my coupons :) and bought some cotton ribbon. I don't know if that's the correct, official name of this stuff but hopefully you guys know what I am talking about? I also picked up some no sew webbing, I use stitch witchery. 

I made my pillows with THIS method, envelope closure, so easy! After I sewed my pillow covers, I got out a towel for ironing on the table (didn't want to stand at the ironing board the whole time, hunch back isn't a good look) laid it on my table and plopped the pillow cover on top. By following the tutorial I applied my painters tape while measuring. My squares were 3.5 inches.




Next I started cutting strips of the stitch witchery to apply under the ribbon, take the wet wash cloth with your iron and just hold it there for about 5 to 6 seconds until it bonds together.



Just keep going until you reach the end. Making the 45 degree folds I think was the most time consuming part of this project, but totally worth the end result!



I made two of these and it probably took me about 3 or 4 hours for the both, with my eyes bugging out of my head by the time I was cheering that I was done! I would totally do it again though because I love how they turned out!



 Aren't they purdy? If you have any detailed questions on this, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to Hear from you!! Your comments are greatly appreciated!