Friday, February 1, 2013

DIY Quatrefoil Tray

Happy Friday, Tgif I have had a busy week. I wanted to show you guys my quatrefoil stenciled tray I did a while back.




  I found this tray at a thrift store for 50 cents and had this project in mind, and if I messed it up no big loss, but I think it turned out OK.  I found this free quatrefoil printout HERE. Thanks tatertots and jello!

I printed it, cut it out , then I got a cereal box and just cut out the front piece of the cardboard from the cereal box, retraced the stencil on to it then cut it out again. I did this because I wanted it to be stronger so the paint wouldn't seep through, but I still wanted it to be bendable for around the curves of the tray.

So an empty cereal box did the trick. I took some regular latex paint I got at a yard sale a few months back , laid  my stencil on the tray (make sure as your painting that you hold the corners of the stencil down pretty tightly) and painted carefully. Also its best with a pattern like this if you start  painting the stencil in the middle of your tray so that you make sure your pattern matches up. After the paint dried (I let mine dry overnight) I went over it with some clear spray paint to protect it from scratching.I'm loving it! See you guys on Monday! Here is the pic again...:)













No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to Hear from you!! Your comments are greatly appreciated!