Friday, March 29, 2013

FIDDLE LEAF FIG TREE DESIRES

I have seen these Fiddle Leaf Fig Trees allover design magazines for a few years now, and I really, really want one. Not because they are "trendy" but because I love me some plants, always have loved greenery in my home like these baby's..









 I haven't bought one yet for two reasons, the first reason is they are out of my budget, a small one that I found locally is around $100 bucks..yikes..Second, I don't have a lot of natural light in my home and I am afraid it will croke. My luck I will splurge and buy one and it will die, and I hate thinking about throwing away money, literally. But in a perfect world I would have two of these baby's.  

I have a fake tree, yep a fake one, and it dawned on me that it resembles this Fiddle Leaf Tree a lot except it has leafs all the way down the entire stalk. 



 You probably are guessing what I have in mind? I am considering taking off the leaves from the bottom and somehow moving them to the top to make the top fuller like the Fiddle Leaf. Haven't figured out how I am gonna do this yet and what I would use to re-attach the leaves I remove. My wheels are spinning as I write this post. I would love to pick up a basket for this tree to sit in (like in picture number one) too. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. This is another project that I have added to my endless list of things I would like to do, I had better quit adding and get to doing soon..



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to Hear from you!! Your comments are greatly appreciated!